Friday, July 03, 2009

Comin' 'Round the Mountain

I gave the kids a choice of Gatlinburg/Dollywood vacation or going to the beach and they chose the mountains. I then made beach reservations for August, b/c I just can't imagine not going to the beach at least once during the summer! We had a great time in the mountains though. We learn something new each visit.



GATLINBURG

Miss Attitude!



Notice the tongue! He was seriously after the other cars!




Sweet moment. And I do mean moment!



Reagan rode this ride several times by herself before Riley got on with her. My brave girl... after my own heart! (But now that ride makes me sick! )



Comin' Down the mountain at Ober Gatlinburg!


Dollywood


This was the highlight of the trip as far as I was concerned. We sat on the front row for the Kratt brothers show. They noticed Riley early on when they asked questions and he answered loudly. He offered to hold a huge snake and they acted like they were going to let him. Then, when they asked for a volunteer, they chose him! He got to push the button on the feeding machine after they "worked" on it. It spilled grapes all over the floor. He did a great job and was beaming with pride. We always enjoyed the show Zaboomafoo on PBS and thought Dustin would have been a good host too. I guess this is just one more step toward becoming the next Crocodile Hunter. :)



Love those kids. Picture taken by Granny the "Pack Mule"! She was such a trooper. Pushing the stroller with all our junk all over Dollywood!




A snake from the wildlife habitat? My kids showed no fear!




River Rampage - soaked to the bone!




Cruisin' with Granny!


All in all we had a great trip, although, we kept losing things. Seriously, it was getting ridiculous, but the only thing that we never found was one of Granny's favorite earrings. We did find Riley's wallet (left it at a store as it was closing, got it next day), Reagan's shoe (fell off on one side of Dollywood, realized it on other side), and a full shopping bag (left at Bubba Gumps). I am just glad we never lost a child or a granny! :)

No comments: