Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

We really had our ups and downs tonight. Riley got very upset just before supper, got over it, and ate a great supper. While we were reading books, I checked Reagans gums to see if her 2 year molars had started poking through yet and she has a new tooth! It is on her bottom left side. I knew she had been drooling a lot lately. She also cried out last night, but I didn't go in her room. Of course she showed me by waking up happy and cheerful at 5:20 this morning! Back to tonight, Reagan got in her bed easily ( I let her take a book). The trouble began when Riley was perpetually thirsty and wiggly and ended with tears (both of us) and,"I miss my Daddy. It is not fair that other kids have their daddy and I don't." He really just had to get it out. He grieved hard tonight. I tried to comfort him with prayer and scripture (Jer 29:11 and Ps 4:8). I also told him that if his daddy were here he would tell Riley to go to sleep. He would snuggle up next to him and hold him (like I was doing), then Daddy would fall fast asleep (before Riley). I reminded him of the picture I have of Dustin asleep on the floor beside Riley's crib and Riley is standing up in his crib looking down at his dozing dad.
Once Riley got it all out, he immediately fell asleep. Thank you for your continued prayers.

No comments: