I did have a wonderful Mother's Day. It was spent with my loving children - but not exactly what we had planned. Reagan began complaining of an ear ache last night around 6pm. "It's the baddest one." It was very sore to the touch, which made me think swimmer's ear. Instead of going to church this morning, we headed to the pediatrician. He said it was an inner ear infection, but the fluid build up may have caused an outer ear infection too. The antibiotic will get both. She has been a real trooper. (**Edited to add: The antibiotic did not get it and she is now on another antibiotic and drops! I think it's working this time.)
Let me back up a minute, Riley and Reagan gave me a WONDERFULLY delicious box of GODIVA chocolates Sunday morning!! MMMMM! (Thanks to E and S!) R and R were so proud! (Edited to add: On Monday after Mother's Day, I ate my lunch in front of the TV - both kids at school. I had gotten Failure to Launch from Netflix. After I finished my lunch, I decided to have a few chocolates for dessert. SO, picture this: me watching a movie and eating GODIVA chocolates! I sat there and thought, "I never do this! This is such a treat!")
From the Dr.'s office, we headed to Granny and PawPaw's for lunch, fishing and visiting Grandmaw - who just so happened to turn 95 today!!! Happy B'day, Grandmaw!
We managed to squeeze in all the fun activities at G & P's. The fishing was fantastic (especially for Riley!). Riley proceeded to head down to the lake - alone, which he is not supposed to do, but that is not the point of the story. He took the crickets, baited his hook, plopped it in the water and reeled in the biggest catfish of the day. He carried it up to the house to Paw Paw while it was still on the hook. Dad said Riley's buttons were popping off he was so proud. We ended up with about 8 fish, and yes, Paw Paw cleaned them and Granny fried them. They were delicious and BOTH kids ate them!!
Riley also got to drive the golf cart around their yard, and Paw Paw burned limbs in the front yard. Can it get any better than this?
Proof of the big catches:
Let me back up a minute, Riley and Reagan gave me a WONDERFULLY delicious box of GODIVA chocolates Sunday morning!! MMMMM! (Thanks to E and S!) R and R were so proud! (Edited to add: On Monday after Mother's Day, I ate my lunch in front of the TV - both kids at school. I had gotten Failure to Launch from Netflix. After I finished my lunch, I decided to have a few chocolates for dessert. SO, picture this: me watching a movie and eating GODIVA chocolates! I sat there and thought, "I never do this! This is such a treat!")
From the Dr.'s office, we headed to Granny and PawPaw's for lunch, fishing and visiting Grandmaw - who just so happened to turn 95 today!!! Happy B'day, Grandmaw!
We managed to squeeze in all the fun activities at G & P's. The fishing was fantastic (especially for Riley!). Riley proceeded to head down to the lake - alone, which he is not supposed to do, but that is not the point of the story. He took the crickets, baited his hook, plopped it in the water and reeled in the biggest catfish of the day. He carried it up to the house to Paw Paw while it was still on the hook. Dad said Riley's buttons were popping off he was so proud. We ended up with about 8 fish, and yes, Paw Paw cleaned them and Granny fried them. They were delicious and BOTH kids ate them!!
Riley also got to drive the golf cart around their yard, and Paw Paw burned limbs in the front yard. Can it get any better than this?
Proof of the big catches:
Notice just how big that catfish was!! Not sure how to comment on Reagan's posing! :)
Couldn't ask for a better afternoon with the kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment