Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Very Special Day


Riley was baptized at the church picnic on Sunday!

So many adjectives flood my mind to describe the experience. I am so proud of him and excited for him. He was so brave and mature. I experienced a wide range of emotions too. I was so happy for him, but sad because Dustin was not physically there to share in this important day in Riley's life. Everyone was so supportive. I couldn't ask for a better family and church family.

I can't wait to share photos. Here are a few I took before the baptism. I left the rest of the picture taking up to the paparazzi (Ed, Paula, Brian... just to name a few). Paula held the trigger down and got a frame by frame record of the baptism. I will post as soon as I get them.


Riley and Brother Mark, the children's minister, who baptized Riley.


Riley and our pastor, Buddy, who baptized Dustin 12 years ago in the same lake.



In the meantime, pray for this sweet boy to "grow in stature and in favor with the LORD and with men." (1 Sam 2:26) I truly believe that God has something special planned for him and I look forward to seeing exactly what it is! He can be a real "stinker pot," but he can be serious and thoughtful too.

Hmmmm, who else do we know that was like that??


We had many discussions about the fact that his baptism is an outward symbol of the decision he made to ask Jesus to be his Lord and Savior. He gets it. He believes God is in control and that He has plans for him. Plans to give him hope and a future (Jer 29:11).


On a lighter note, when asked if he wanted to wear a robe, he answered, "Yes, I want to wear a rug!"


Also, while standing in line for the baptism, he was counting how many people were in front of him to see when it was going to be his turn!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

It was a wonderful day. Riley, we are so proud of you and love you very much. Thank you for letting us share this day with you!

The Echols