Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Funnies

We have had so many funnies lately, it is hard to keep up. Here are a few I can remember off the top of my head.

Reagan is a creature of habit. She will pick out one book and want to read it over and over and over. Usually it is a non-fiction. They must get that from their father. I am all about the fairy tale with the happy ending. Anyway, she enjoys a book at my mom's house that talks about God creating the earth and people and animals and so on.

We were reading yet another book at home about the human body, earth, space... (the book of knowledge). I commented how amazing God is to create the human body to work the way it does. She said, "You know, people are God's masterpiece. We are his best work." !!! She gave me chills. Then I remembered that is a sentence from the other book. She is taking it all in, people! She also will count on her fingers to list things. "Number one, you need to do this and number 2, that must be cleaned up." Can't you just see her pointing at each finger as she makes out her bossy to do list?

Last, but not least, my big boy, Riley...
We were having a conversation at the kitchen sink. Somehow it led to the following conversation:

Me: Someday you will care about kissing girls and driving cars.

Riley: I don't know about the girls thing, but I wanna drive a car.

Me: I will remind you of that when you become a teenager.

Riley (smiling from ear to ear): I'll try not to get too girl crazy.

Just what a mother wants to hear! I love you, big boy, and I will enjoy for the moment that you want to hold my hand in public.

Coming soon
Posts on our recent travels -- Texas, Kansas and the Beach!

No comments: