Reagan: KINDERGARTEN!!!!
Me: Say Fourth Grade!
Riley(mumbling): fourth grade
My big girl!
My even bigger boy!
Reagan and I on our way to beat the traffic by walking to school (from a neghborhood close to the school).Well, I officially have one Fourth Grader and one Kindergartener! Today was the 4th day of school and so far, so good! They are getting up without complaining, no homework so far, and only one miscommunication about bus vs car rider! :)
Reagan has the same K teacher that Riley had and we all love her. Reagan is looking forward to having the chance to sit next to her at lunch. I will remind her of that when she is in 8th grade to see if she wants to sit with her teachers then. She tells me lots of details about her day. Including a tall tale about how she asked Mrs. S to lie down with her at nap time and Mrs. S did, but said she could tell me, but I could not ask Mrs. S about it. (covering her tracks so I couldn't check the story) Of course, I asked if the story was true and she smiled and said no. I believe she has told me all about every book the teacher has read so far.
Riley has a male teacher and so far he is great for Riley. Riley is very impressed with the assortment of recess equipment Mr. M has. Also, Mr. M has quite a sense of humor. He told the class about a time when a student fell asleep during Mr. M's presentation and he quietly asked the class to get out a piece of paper and a pencil. Then he loudly announced, "Now everyone turn in your test!" The student woke up in a panic. Riley thought that was genious!
You may ask how I am handling all this free time. I am handling it pretty well. I have made a to do list that has at least 20 entries.... one of which is to blog more often! Some are long term (make the quilts for R and R) and some are short (get car windsheild repaired). I am looking forward to volunteering and the kids' schools and starting Bible study soon too. I plan to spend more time working with the widow's group at church too. I just want to do it all, but I must pace myself. I pray that God will organize my days.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment