Reagan: What is that?
Me: Mascara. How does it look?
Reagan: Now your eyes look scared.
True.
*****
As she was going to bed, I was quizzing Reagan on some "homework". She did really well and I told her she should tell her teacher what she had accomplished. She said, "OK, will you remember me?"
Translation: Will you remind me?
Also, one night she called me back to her room:
Reagan: You forgot to give me my medicine, but my cough remembered me.
*****
A little background info on this one is needed. In the spring of last year, Riley expressed curiosity about how some chicken eggs turn into chickens and some don't. He said, "I know that the boy has to put in his part, but I don't understand how the boy puts in his part." Well, that led to talking about humans... So we had.. The Talk.
Fast forward to last week. Riley is reading his Bible...
Riley: Did David ever sin?
Me: Yes. David was married and he saw another married woman bathing and he sent for her and had $*x with her. Then he had her husband killed.
The next night:
Riley: Mom, I got to the part about David and Bathsheeba. (excited) But Mom, they didn't have $*x, they just slept together!
Me: Welllllll, that actually means they did.
Riley: Why do they call it sleeping together?
Me(first thing that came to my mind): Well, sometimes you fall asleep afterwards.
Riley: You have to fall asleep after??
Me(wishing Dustin were here to enjoy this moment of my uncomfortableness): NO, I shouldn't say that. But maybe just b/c it ususally happens in the bed.
Riley (light bulb coming on in his head): OHHHH, I was wondering how they lined up.
Please tell me, Lord, that you allowed Dustin to listen in on that one!
No comments:
Post a Comment