We had a great Thanksgiving in TX. It is a tradition on Dustin's side of the family that someone makes at least one trip to the ER or to the Dr. while we are all together. Thankfully, Riley had strep before we got there, Reagan had the tooth knocked out of place beforehand, and I got pink eye before we left, so I think we got it all out of the way! We enjoyed visiting with "Uncle Jack, Uncle Dad, Uncle Chad (all of Reagan's names for Uncle Jason)." A few times she even looked at me and asked, "What's his name again?" She called Traci "Kacey's mom," and occasionally called Kacey "Brantley." Which is funny because Riley used to call Jarren "Hunter" (Brantley's brother). By the end of the trip I think she had everybody figured out. We went to an ice sculpture show at a the Gaylord Texan. Here is some evidence of our fun!

Yes, those penguins are made out of ICE!
In other news, we had some excitement last night when Reagan jumped off Riley's bed and landed with her toes under her foot. I heard her toes pop. She took a long time to calm down; then came the decision whether or not to take her to the doctor, because she wouldn't walk on it. I decided to take her to the ER. I even dropped Riley off at Keith and Amy's to spend the night. Once we saw the triage nurse, Reagan was acting better, so I decided to go home. We picked up Riley and headed home to bed. Reagan woke up at 1 am complaining of her foot and it was still sore this morning. She will not walk on it. I took her to the pediatrician - - it is NOT broken, but it must be sprained. She is still not walking on it this afternoon. When I told the Dr. what happened, he just shook his head and said he wasn't surprised a bit! She is getting the reputation of being a dare devil! Hopefully, she will be better by Wednesday for school. I am getting plenty of exercise toting around all 44 pounds of her!
Random funny:
Reagan picked up a toy gun and said, "You be the deer, Mommy. Pow!"
No comments:
Post a Comment