Friday, November 09, 2007

Some one stop me... I'm rambling

We have had some crazy weeks lately. Ya'll, I really don't sit down until bedtime, and I still don't get everything done. I have to tell myself, "You can't do everything... let it go." It can be little things like putting the trash to the curb on Thursdays. Thankfully we have a big enough trash can that we can actually skip a week but not two. I have been known (like this week) to put it to the curb on Tuesday in anticipation of Thursday. I was at the trash can and I had time to take it to the curb, so I did. ( I am certain you all are fascinated by my trash can musings - I do apologize.)

Today I spent 30 minutes looking for my wallet. After 25 minutes of looking AND calling Big Lots to see if I left it there yesterday, I stood in my attic and prayed, "God, please lead me right to it." And of course, He did. I walked downstairs to the laundry room and for some reason pulled the hamper away from the mop sink and there it was! I am still not sure how it got there, but God is so good!
****
Ok, I am back. I left R and r playing with play-doh at the kitchen table; I was thinking I could do a quick post while they were playing. Reagan was awfully quiet, then I heard what sounded like rice shaking in a jar. Immediately I asked what Reagan was doing. She didn't answer, but Riley said, "Oooooh, Reagan, you're going to be in BIG trouble." She was under the table with the salt shaker and had EMPTIED it by shaking salt on the four legs of the table, each empty chair, and on the rug. What was I thinking?
***
Ok, I am back, yet again - above was typed last night (Thurs). Today Riley was diagnosed with strep throat! Well, at least we are getting it out of the way before we head to Jason and Traci's for Thanksgiving. Riley broke his perfect attendance, but that was bound to happen.
There is so much to catch you all up on...
  • We had a terrific visit with Becki and her girls, Julianna and Emma. The four kids played so well together... big imaginations! Becki is the perfect house guest. The crazy girl even VACUUMED upstairs before they left! Here is the Gang.

Reagan, Riley, Juliana, and Emma - playing outside while Becki slaves away in the guest bedroom!

  • The day before Halloween, mom was here having lunch with Reagan and me when she had an "attack" of pleurisy. Andy was already on his way to my house to hang curtains, so he watched Reagan and Riley while I took mom to the ER. (Pleurisy is when the lining of your lung and lung don't have enough lubrication and causes friction.... very painful and sudden. Her case was likely caused by straining or stretching.) Anyway, Andy held down the fort quite well! Riley had done his homework, both kids were fed supper, and the curtains were hung! Andy, you're hired! Since then, Reagan has informed me of several of Andy's rules. One is "no climbing on top of the punching bag." She also said Mr. Andy had a "sniffery" nose (the sniffles, perhaps?). Ok, long story - longer....The kids ended up spending the night with friends on that Thursday night, since Granny was still having some pain and I was leaving for a widow's conference at 6:30am on Friday (flying). They each loved it. Riley stayed with Wyatt and Reagan spent the night with Victoria. They both did very well and I am so glad to know that they can do it... unlike me at that age! "Thank you" to Tricia, Will, Amy and Keith! The conference was informative and I hope we can apply some of what we learned as we try to organize a group at our church... that will have to be a whole separate entry.

  • Back up to Halloween.... We had a bat and a blue princess. Riley ended up not liking the store-bought bat wings and ears, so 15 minutes before we left for trunk or treat at church, I did major surgery on his batman cape. It turned out pretty good, but everyone thought he was Batman. He was correcting everyone all night. Reagan wore one of Jenna's dance costumes. I know Holly is glad to see that it is being put to good use - money well spent! :) They really enjoyed trunk or treat (both getting and giving). They ended up handing out candy after they had visited all the trunks. The illusionist was fantastic! We kept looking at each other and asking, "How'd he do that?"


BAT!

Blue Princess grabbing some treats from Jonah.


The Bat, Captain Hook, Alice in Wonderland, and the Blue Princess enjoying their plunder.

Funnies (Notice the common theme throughout several.)

***Mom and Reagan had the following conversation. I am pretty sure I am leaving out parts; Mom will have to edit.

Reagan: I was inside my mommy's tummy. It was dark. I did not like it.
Mom: How did you get out?
Reagan: I came out her mouth.

***We were reading from the kids' Bible about Jesus' birth.
Me: Baby Jesus was born that night in the stable.
Riley: Babies can be born at night?
Me: Yes, babies can be born at anytime.
Riley: There wasn't a doctor. How did He come out?
Me: Well, not everyone has their belly cut open like I did. They just come out. (I motioned my hand kinda like a roller -coaster dipping.)
Riley: You mean... YOU MEAN THEY COME OUT THEIR BOTTOM? Ok, that's enough... (putting his hand up as if to say, "Stop, I have heard enough!")



***Riley was doing his spelling homework on Monday and came across the word "china."
Riley: China? China is one of my spelling words?
Me: Yes, China is a country or some dishes are called china.
Riley: Isn't "china" a girl's privacy?
Me (holding back the giggle): That's Va*gin*a.
Riley: Well, some boys call it "china" for short.


I just put my face in my hands and thought, "He is seven!"



****On the way to church the other day, the kids were quizzing me on whose birthday is next and so on.
Me: Reagan, how old are you going to be on your birthday?
Reagan: How old will Riley be?
Me: 8
Reagan (holding up 5 fingers): I want to be all of them. All of the fingers.
Me: You want to be 5? Do you just want to skip 4.
Reagan: Yes, I will be 5 on my birthday. That will be good?

2 comments:

Brian said...

Must...not...make...joke...about...

"Great Wall of China"

Sorry - I couldn't resist.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I will never think about China the same way from now on. I will giggle even if I am a grown woman.