Monday, August 04, 2008

Fun in the Sun!



We made our annual trek to the beach this year with Ed and Sallie, Hunter and Brantley. Of course, fun was had by all. The kids enjoyed having each other to play with (most of the time.) In the above picture, our beach tent neighbors caught a star fish -- big excitement. We saw several jellyfish and a child (not one of ours) was stung by a sting ray. The sea lice bothered Riley a little bit, but we figured out that if we spray him down with a mixture of water and a little amonia, it helped.




Can he look any more like his father??




If I do say so myself, she is a little Wendy.


I assume the strong winds from the hurricane created a sand bar close to the shore. It was really nice, because it gave the younger kids (and adults) a mini-ocean with very little wave action. I grinned everytime Reagan called it the "candy bar." Which is almost as good as Hunter running up to tell me, "Look, Ms. Wendy, I found half a sand dollar bill!"

One of the funniest moments, I missed. Reagan was sitting on the floor eating Cheez-Its and mindlessly watching TV, when she said, "I am stirsty (thirsty) and hungry!" Sallie told her she has Cheez-Its right in front of her. Reagan looked up and asked, "Then I'm stirsty?"

I will post more pictures when I get them form ED! I took my camera, but we decided to use one camera to make picture taking go faster.... so check back later.

No comments: