Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Great Turkey Day

We enjoyed a wonderful break from school and schedules as we played and enjoyed ourselves at Granny and Paw Paw's. Paw Paw took the boys to the deer camp Thurs and Fri nights, so we know they had a good time. From what I hear, they took turns tying each other up with duct tape and seeing if they could escape! There was mud involved too. Then when they got back to Granny and Paw Paw's they (along with Reagan) found another mud puddle.


Notice the censoring. That is Jenna's swimsuit cover-up from last summer? She loves wearing it ... all the time. Notice the bling in her hair. It is a rhinestone barrette from prom 1991. Her taste in clothes is another whole post. She loves the strangest things. Plus she has commitment issues. She will pick out her clothes. Wear them for 30 minutes, then change her mind. New rule: Once you are dressed, no changing.

Jenna and Reagan making a gingerbread train. They worked very well together. Meanwhile, Allyn and I made our favorite dessert: no bake chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies. Then we proceeded to eat them. All.

Reagan and Jen-Jen (Reagan's new nickname for Jenna).
All in all it was a good Thanksgiving break. We have much for which to be thankful. Mostly for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Glorifying Him and enjoying Him forever. That's what life is all about. Focus on that and all else will work out or won't matter.
I am thankful for all of you as well.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Hey friend!!! Love the blog!

Do all little girls want to have their boobies out????? I am so scared...

Sit A Spell said...

I see this is very much a "family" blog, but read on down the page a bit. Your Children are beautiful! I am so sorry to read of your loss and know the dream you mentioned must be bitter sweet. I've been married 16 yrs and get frustrated with my hubby, but know he is a gift from God. He's a wonderful Daddy...chased my "Riley" around the house tonight dancing in a "silly way"...as he said...Dad's not a good dancer mama...he's a silly dancer. Kids are the best.
I'm praying for you tonight as I get ready for bed...

Bless...Shell