Riley got off the bus feeling terrible on Friday. He had complained of a sore neck on Fri morning, but I thought it was a crick. I gave him Advil and sent him on to school. He said after lunch he started feeling really bad, but he stayed because he thought it wouldn't be long till school was over! What a trooper! He had a 102 fever, so I took him to the dr. only to find out it is a sore throat virus that will like likely last4 -5 days. We packed up and headed to my parents'. Reagan is doing fine so far... we'll see. Riley has a VERY sore throat, high fever when he comes off the adv/tyl, and is nauseated ( I think from not eating very much and taking Advil). He also still complains about his neck being sore. He is so precious when he is sick. He wants me to hold him a lot and boy is Reagan jealous!! He was up during the night from about 2 -4. His fever was up and he was nauseated. I got him settled and just as I was almost back to sleep, he said, "Mommy, thank you for taking care of me. You do a great job. I hope you don't die too, but it's ok if you die when I am a grown up. I can take care of Reagan." What a sweetheart.... melt my heart. We have had this discussion before. I just hugged him and thanked him for being so sweet and we went back to sleep. He woke up several more times thinking he was going to throw up , but he never did, thankfully.
The good news is Mom and I (mostly mom) made homemade vegetable beef soup yesterday. We made two huge pots and put them in small containers to freeze. It is sooooooo good! We had fun while making it too. While I was eating it for supper last night, Reagan leaned over my shoulder (from the barstool next to me) and said, "That yucky, Mommy?" Needless to say, she didn't try it yet.
Reagan is sitting next to me at the counter again right now. She is eating her cinnamon toast dipped in coffee milk! She is such a hoot.
I really hate it that we are missing church again today. I feel so disconnected. I so want my kids to be regulars in Sun School. Let's just pray that everyone will be well next week! Dustin's parents will be here next weekend too, so there are many reasons we need to be healthy! We look forward to their visit.
I'll keep you posted on Riley's progress.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment