Happy Birthday, Riley - Boy! SEVEN years ago today I cried my eyes out as they wheeled me into the operating room to perform a C section to get you out. As my dr. said, you were sitting inside me all comfy with the remote in hand. The day I had waited 26 1/2 years for was finally here. They asked me if I was hurting, why was I crying. It was PURE JOY at the anticipation of your birth. I think that is the only time I have ever truly cried for joy. When they put you in my arms... you looked exactly like I had expected. Thank you, God for this precious, precious boy. Your Daddy was also beside himself with pride. (One of Riley's best buddies, Hunter, was born the day before in the same hospital -- happy day after your birthday, Hunter. His parents, Ed and Sallie, were in our Sun school class.) Your Daddy asked Ed what it felt like to have the second cutest baby in the hospital. When you were only about a week old, he looked into the bassinet, looked at me with pride in his eyes, and said, "He is so cute....Let's have another one." I told him he was going to have to wait.
Happy Birthday, Big Boy! I love you oh, so much!
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Let's just say, I disagree with Hunter being the 2nd cutest baby in the hospital. :)
Post a Comment