Ok, prayer warriors, we need some prayers. We had a fast and heavy rain today, which led to my garage flooding again! This is the 3rd time I have had mysterious water appear in the garage. It has gotten worse each time. I cannot figure out where it is coming from. During the rain, I checked the garage twice. Then, as the rain slowed, I didn't check it for 10 -15 minutes max. Riley went to get something from the garage and yelled, "Oh no, look at all this water!" In some places the water was almost over my toes. We thought maybe it was coming from under the garage doors, but when I opened the garage door, the water flowed out and down the driveway. Right now, we (our friend Will and I) think it must be the drainage problem on that side of the house. I have a french drain and the last time I checked, it was working, but it just may not be enough. My builder is coming over in the morning (supposedly). He is not very reliable and I doubt he will offer to do much about it, so this is my prayer:
Lord, please show us where this water is coming from, so that I can get it fixed. If my builder is responsible, please make that evident. If it is his responsibility, please make him take the initiative to get it fixed. Amen
As Dustin always said when stuff went wrong with the house, "Welcome to home ownership!" I hate handling stuff like this without him!
Thanks for the prayers!
Thursday, July 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment