Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Encourage One Another!

Our pastor has been preaching about the "one anothers." Love one another. Serve one another. Encourage one another is this Sunday. The executive pastor called me yesterday to see if I would like to share how our church has encouraged me through the past 2 and a half years since Dustin's death. I jumped at the opportunity. My church family has been just that for me... family. Two guys came to my home today to film a video segment (30- 60 seconds) that will be played at each service on Sunday. I prayed last night and all this morning that God would just give me the words to say and that it would glorify Him completely. I, of course, didn't say half of what I had thought of to say, but I have to keep telling myself that God answered my prayer and that what He wanted said was said!!


Thank you so much for your encouragement. My family, my friends and my church family have grieved with me, cried with me, laughed as we shared Dustin stories, prayed with me and for us, and you have just "been there." You have made me feel not so alone. ( I can't think of a bigger encouragement than that.) You brought me food, cleaned my house, unpacked my boxes, helped me buy a car, build a house. You have played with my children, consoled my children, been a taxi for my children, and taught my kids about Jesus' love for them. You have encouraged me to stay involved... Ed and Sallie.... I probably wouldn't make it to Wednesday night meal and service as much as I do without you and your family... not to mention Thursday afternoon baseball practice!! I made a huge scheduling error. Riley and Reagan ended up with baseball practice and dance practice on the same night, at the same time! Sallie and Ed have been huge help and a blessing to us throughout soccer, basketball and baseball. I didn't name names on the video for fear of leaving someone out. You know who you are!

Please pray for Chuck and Donny as they edit this video. Pray that what God wants to be said will be said.

Oh yeah, last night I sat down with my Bible to have some quiet time and to pray about today. I opened my Bible where I had an empty foil gum wrapper randomly stuck in my Bible (so Belinda of me... My mom always tucked unwrapped pieces of gum in her Bible so she didn't have to take the whole pack into church.). Anyway, I read Matthew 10:16 - 20. This is what hit me:
v. 19-20
But when they arrest you, do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

Ok so I wasn't arrested, but I did feel a little like I was being interrogated (the bright lights..ha ha)!
God is so good. He gave me the exact verse at the exact time that I needed it. I have no idea how that gum wrapper got to just the right page. It was a "God thing!" He can even use trash!

2 comments:

Sallie said...

You bless me each and every day! I love you! Thanks for letting our family be a part of your family!

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! i love when god works in only the way he can. i think all of us are living proof that gods business is turing trash into treasures! btw, your mk IS coming i promise!!

love you!
b