Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Holding His Own

I am all settled in for the night on my air mattress bed (thanks to Amy R). There are 3 other ladies spending the night.

Daddy's condition has not changed a whole lot today. He is still on the ventilator. It is not breathing for him completely, he is breathing beyond where it is set (for lack of a better way to put it).

The surgeon came by at least twice today. It may have even been 3 times. He said Dad is "holding his own."

His heart rate and blood pressure have been the main concerns today, I believe. They have him on a schedule to try to get the heart rate down and the blood pressure up.

When I went in to see him just before settling in, I just stood there taking in the picture. All those tubes, IVs, and monitors. Overwhelming. He now has a central line in addition to the PICC line, catheter, tube for backside (no clue the name of it), NG tube up the nose, and ventilator down the throat. Unbelievable. So much stuff keeping my Daddy alive. Holly and I counted up his dr.s today... seven.

Wow.

So much more I want to say, but it is 11:37, past time for me to go to bed. Good night.

Trusting in my Lord and Savior....

No comments: